How do you measure custom windscreen?
Instructions for Measuring Custom Windscreens
windscreens can significantly enhance the appearance of any tennis
facility. Custom windscreens are available in a variety of different
grades, colors and heights. However, before we can provide you with a
quotation for new custom windscreens, you will need to measure your
tennis court fencing to provide us with the lengths of the individual
Measuring your fencing for custom windscreens
is not difficult. There are a couple of things that you will need in
order to take the measurements:
- Measuring tape, preferably +/- 150’ in length
- A pen or pencil to write down the measurements
- Court diagram showing the different fences that will need windscreen
(example below – it’s a good idea to orient the courts with North at
the top of the diagram)
Once you have these items, you are ready to begin measuring your
fencing for custom windscreen. See below for step by step instructions.
- Make sure you begin measurement at a terminal (corner) post and continue to the next terminal post (see above).
- You should measure windscreen length from inside of tension bar to inside of tension bar (see above).
- For ease of handling, windscreens should not exceed 60’ in length.
- Mark each measurement on your court diagram. Exact measurements are
necessary (including feet and inches). Do not guess or round off
dimensions. No two fences are identical.
- Most tennis court fencing is 10’ high. Custom windscreens are
generally sold in 6’ or 9’ heights. Therefore it is generally only
necessary to measure the length of the fence, not the height of the
- You will have to measure the height of each gate and transom (figure below)
- The width of the gate should be measured from inside tension bar to
inside tension bar. The height of the gate should be measured from the
bottom of the top rail to the top of the bottom rail. You may want to
take into consideration that windscreen is generally installed one or
more feet from the bottom of the fence.
- The width of the transom should be measured from inside tension bar
to inside tension bar. The height should be measured from the bottom of
the top rail to the top of the rail over the gate opening.